Friday, May 29, 2009

They grow up so fast

It's hard to believe my oldest is 9, and finishing up 4th grade. He is a young 4th grader, and in the gifted program to boot. I am so glad that we didn't hold him back a year, as he is usually bored in school. Sometimes I just have to laugh at the absurdity of having two at such opposite ends of the spectrum. Alex has been asking me if I truly believe (not just want to believe) that Ellie will speak clearly, ever. "Not just what you want to believe, but seriously." If I didn't laugh, I would cry :). Well for those of you with children with disabilities you know, we all cry sometimes. But, they do bring us an immeasurable amount of joy too.

Yesterday I helped him create his own blog. It's still in the rough draft stage. I promised to help him download some images to it over the weekend. We have taken lots of pictures of his Lego creations over the years. We also have some pictures of his Lego DNA helix from his Focus (the gifted program) Independent Study. I plan to blog about that as I am the uber-proud-Momma.

Through my son's impetus, I will finally get the hang of imbedding images and video for my blog too! My children are my inspiration and pitchfork (as in they are nudging me with it!!) to keep learning and doing new things. I have intended to upload images to this blog, but just haven't gotten around to it. Now with Alex's help I should be able to take this blog to the next level.

Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, seems to me, is a remarkable phrase