Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's your #? Mine is 9693

That's how many steps I took today.

My husband gave me a pedometer, and I tried it on today on a whim. I was curious just how much walking I do in an average day. Mind you, I haven't been running much at all since I got whooping cough. That's a whole 'nuther story. I'll write it soon.

So without a cardio workout I was curious how close to the 10,000 step goal I come on an average day. I was happily surprised to see that without any extra walking I come really close. If I had done any cleaning today or yardwork, I would certainly have made the 10,000 steps. Now according to this article at about.com my lifestyle is considered 'somewhat active' since I managed to wrack up 9,693 steps and that does NOT include any workout or walk. I just went to the WalMart Super Center. Woo Hoo! Guess that explains why I haven't gained any weight even though I haven't been running.

I am curious to see how many steps are in an average run. My next run is Saturday, and I will be sure to wear the pedometer and report back. But what I really want to know is why I still haven't lost the baby belly with all these steps?? Guess some things just aren't meant to be known.

No comments: