Thursday, May 19, 2011

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Well, I have been negligent in tracking everything it seems. Today I jumped back on the band wagon. I checked Ellie's height and weight. Lo and behold, she grew a bunch: 3' 7 1/8", wow!! However, so did her weight! Now she tops the scale at 57lbs. Geesh!! Her BMI is 21.5 at those numbers. At least she stayed in the 98th percentile and didn't creep back into the 99th percentile.

I've started a food journal for her, and think I'll get the app my sister uses so I don't have to remember to carry various notebooks with me. I've also been treating Ellie to a little ice cream some evenings - guess that's off the list. She's been on antibiotics this week for an ear infection and those mess with her gut. I'm hopeful that this was a little bit of a fluke and next week her weight will have gone down a bit. It's shocking to see she gained 4 lbs in 2 months. Good grief!!! I have to do better for her.

No comments: