Monday, July 18, 2011

Time to bring in an expert

Standing at the wall, measuring height this morning I was pleased to see that Ellie has grown into the height she was pretending to achieve on her tippy toes last month! She is now truly 3 ft 7 1/2 inches tall, but unfortunately her weight has gained by a pound and a half. Rats!!! I had been celebrating all those new vegetables that she had tried, and her reduction in carbohydrates. Apparently it's just not enough.

As a result, today we are taking a long car ride. We are braving Northern Virginia traffic to meet with a dietitian who has worked with children struggling with obesity, celiac, other food allergies and cholesterol issues. She has also worked with children who have Down Syndrome, and some of these issues. She seemed very nice and approachable on the phone. I'm hoping this goes well, and that I get some really positive feedback and ideas. I desperately want Ellie to develop a healthy weight and lifestyle.

No comments: