Monday, January 7, 2008

moving. through the eyes of an 8 year old

So, we've moved across the globe (Alaska to Virginia) - 4 time zones and major differences in temperature and amounts of daylight. Alex has started a new school and we've been in the new house for a month. We've gotten to do some fun things as a family over the last month, and we settled Alex into a (second) new school just today. We think this new school will be a great fit for him. So on the way home from school, I asked him how things were going and his answer surprised me.

"you know mom where we lived was like a best friend. I really understood and felt comfortable with my school and home and the area. It all fit me. I really liked living there. But I had to leave that friend and make a new friend. I like this new friend ok, but it's still a stranger to me."


No comments: