Sunday, August 17, 2008

Good stuff for people with intellectual disabilities

So, I forgot these in the last post, and wanted to add them here.

First, I've added my voice to the Special Olympics campaign Pledge to the Stop the R-Word

I encourage you to Pledge as well

Second, this is a fantastic PSA for the Arc of Northern VAIt was produced by the Arc of Virginia and the Arc of Northern Virginia, plus Blueberry Shoes Productions

Third, this is a fantastic site and their tv spot called homecoming aired during the Olympics - it brought tears to my eyes. Kudos to the Foundation for a Better Life!!

Fourth, this is amazing. What a great self-advocate!! Jill Egle, Co-Executive director of the Arc of Northern Virginia, has a bone to pick with Ben Stiller over the movie Tropic Thunder. Jill, who has an intellectual disability, sets the record straight.

No comments: