Wednesday, September 3, 2008

special needs advocate in the white house?

As an as-yet-undecided-voter, I just watched Gov. Sarah Palin's speech at the RNC. Wow, she's a great speaker. Even as a previous resident of Alaska, I hadn't heard her speak, so I was very curious.

I must say, it's quite tempting when she said to parents of children with special needs' that they would have an advocate in the White House. But as a citizen, I have to weigh all the issues. I can't, in good conscious, vote based on a single issue.

Now I'm wishing I had watched Biden and Obama speak at the DNC. And maybe Michelle Obama and the Clinton's as well. This election appears to have posed a good challenge for Americans. We have real issues facing this country and two sets of intriguing candidates from which to choose. I hope, as a country, we choose wisely.

BTW - she has a great looking family and Trig is just a cutie!

No comments: